National Child Day is celebrated in Canada on November 20 in recognition of the UN Declaration on the Rights of the Child and the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. This video from the Ireland’s Children’s right alliance explains the basic rights that every child needs.
Use these resources to help us celebrate with your school, community, and family.
1. Public Health Agency of Canada – National Child Day website
2. Society for Children and Youth of BC – Simplified version of UNCRC
3. Canadian Children’s Right Council – To learn more about the convention
4. Unicef Canada – Child’s Day Advocacy Kit for kids
5. Everychild.ca – Public Awareness Campaign
“There is no trust more sacred than the one the world holds with children. There is no duty more important than ensuring that their rights are respected, that their welfare is protected, that their lives are free from fear and want and that they can grow up in peace.”
— Kofi Annan
Categories: Community Events