52% of BC youth reported feeling sad, lonely and depressed in the past month.
Doctors of BC are calling all secondary and post-secondary students in BC to help raise awareness for youth mental health through their original artwork submissions.
The two contest categories will be for high school students and post-secondary students. A panel of physicians from the Council on Health Promotion and Doctors of BC will review all submissions, selecting one winner from each category
The winners’ artwork will be featured on posters in doctors’ offices, schools, online and via social media with credit given to the artist. Each winner will also receive an Apple iPad Mini.
- Original, student designed artwork symbolizing youth mental health and wellbeing
- Can be a painting, drawing, photography or a mixed medium
- Submit digitally in a high resolution format (PDF, JPEG)
Where and when to submit:
- Email the PDF or JPEG file of your artwork to email@example.com with the following subject line: “Youth Mental Health Art Submission”
- Please include your name, school, city, phone number, email address, age and a brief description of your work as well as your interpretation of how it represents youth mental health
- Deadline is 11:59pm on Monday June 30th, 2014
If you have any questions, please contact Communications Coordinator Erica Timmerman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-638-8744.
Categories: Community Events