What I would tell my younger self…
Each day in the month of May, the Child Mind Institute will be sharing a short video by a prominent figure about their personal experiences growing up with a mental health or learning disorder.
“The goal of this campaign is to decrease the stigma and fear surrounding mental health and learning disorders and make sure more kids receive the help they deserve.” (Harold S. Koplewicz, MD President Child Mind Institute)
Why support this campaign?
- 1 in 5 Canadians will personally experience a mental illness in their lifetime.
- 3.2% of Canadian children have a learning disability – the equivalent of one child in every school bus full of children.
How to support the #MyYoungerSelf campaign:
- Keep up to date on the campaign by following the Child Mind Institute on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Share the videos you love using the hashtag #MyYoungerSelf
- Sign up for email alerts to keep up with the daily videos.
- Watch the videos and educate yourself on different mental health and learning disorders.